Thursday, July 17, 2014

The things I've taken from you

Walking around with a #20 vest on is the best way to describe how it's been lately. I can't tell if it's made me stronger or slower. I know what I need to do and should be doing but I just can't get myself to take those steps. There's few I've made, reluctantly but they've been made and I don't know if that's the right thing to do or not. I just keep telling myself it needs to be September already or something, some time far from here so I won't feel like I do right now.
For starters I've taken the notion of caring what you think out of the equation which has made things somewhat easier to decide if I do them or not. Will you care or not. Will you say anything or not. Will you see or not. As I start to sort what matters and what doesn't, what to pick up and what to toss. There are some things that will be kept. Things that will make me think of you but in time these things will become my things and the feel of you and us doing them together and being our thing will fade.
There are many things I will keep that was us but these are the list toppers:

  • listening to country music and actually liking it
  • how I fold my shirts
  • peeling a banana from the bottom instead of the top
  • having popcorn for dinner
  • brushing my teeth at night
  • get better at shuffle board and pool and country dancing

Thinking of things there are some that I don't think I'll be able to share with anyone else
  • washing each others hair
  • calling you babe for no reason at all
  • being the little spoon and laying my arm out by yours so you can hold my hand 
These things I think will be our things forever. 



No comments: