Thursday, October 30, 2014

Less is more

Talking with a new yet dear friend I realized that in the past year or less I have become so much more happy with my life and where I'm at. Before you see, I felt I was behind. Did things backwards. Married right out of high school and college was put on the back burner. It's been a slow climb but I'm finally on the down slide of school. And I got a second burst of motivation on my nursing school endeavors which I'll be studying for starting in December and then applying for the program in March. Finally seeing a light at the end of my tunnel has got me excited and ready for the next step in my life.
Reading and came to a point in my life that all this time I've been trying to control my future. And we can all say that trying to control your destiny never works out. You can't keep people and make them do what they don't want to do. I've finally learned to let it go. If they want to be there they will make the effort. If not then it wasn't meant to be. I've really dove deep in prayer and it's such a stress relief to just talk everything out. I'm more clear in my future than ever. And at the same time I'm not but I"m no longer worried where I'll be one, two or five years from now. What I want to be is coming. Where I'll be has yet to be shown to me. And I'm happy with that.
I live in the moment and enjoy who I'm spending my minutes with. Make steps towards my future and learn to love the process. Turned the focus on me and do what makes me happy. Whether that be missing gym to complete school stuff so I can get that A or run from store to store to get stuff for dinner to show my care by making a good dinner out of love or writing a sweet note to thank someone for something they did for me. I'm no longer stressed about feeling behind. This is my life and I can't base it off of someone else's. Where they are now I will be and will be better prepared because of the life I've lived and what all I've already done and experienced.

As the song goes, let it go. I feel as if I'm flying.

No comments: