Tuesday, June 17, 2014

It's here again

The World Cup is upon us and I can't be more excited. I"ll be honest and tell you that I do not know all the rules but I still love to watch. Opening game against Brazil and Croatia was amazing. I would give just about anything to have been in that stadium during the opening ceremony and the game. Last night was USA v Ghana which we are in a pretty rough group from what I've learned and will have to work hard to make it. USA did just that scoring in the first minute and keeping them off till almost the end of the game. The whole game I was yelling at the tv. When the game was over the crowd erupted! I wouldn't be lying if I said I almost cried. In my battle for sleep I've been having this past month I decided to try and watch this documentary over Egypt and their road to the World Cup. Their coach was none other than the USMNT previous coach Bob Bradley. I only made it through the first 20 minutes before I had to turn it off to try and make myself go to sleep but just watching how a country can gather around a sport is unreal. I've watched several stories about different countries and their clubs and what an impact they have on them. It's awesome. I've decided. The next World Cup. I will be there. Which according to WWW it will be in Russia. Never been there. So it should be fun. I just have 4 years to try and find a travel buddy or group to go along.

Watching the World Cup and all it's excitement has got me thinking about my life and what I find passionate. I find passion in cooking, especially when it's for someone. In Crossfit, it's silly to say. Last weekend I stayed and did oly work with the Steve Miller and in the one class I learned a lot of good cues and what I need to work on to get my lifts where I want them. It's things like the position of my shoulders over the bar or how fast my third pull is can make a world of a difference. During our work I was doing 3 position drills with 73 lbs and then a few times with 83 which my PR for snatch is 98...clearly I'm off on one of my pulls. So getting a little work on them was fun and seeing that I can do these things and I can lift that weight just like everyone else in the gym. It's a satisfying feeling. In laundry I find passion. I love the smell of clean clothes....and skin but that's not laundry related. Actually I like to smell. It might be my favorite sense besides touch. I take pride in folding clothes and it shows my love, for myself and who ever's clothes I might be folding. I find passion in sharing, my life, my thoughts, fears, goals and space with someone. It's a rare thing to find someone you never tire of seeing or being with. When it changes from a want to a need to be by them. To be able to hold them when the feeling of being with them overwhelms you that you reach out and hold their hand to tell them you are happy they were there right when you needed them at that moment. My new passion which is knitting. I haven't taken much time with it but when I have I love it. It's fun to sit and work on a project for a few hours and be done or work on something for a week. It's another way I feed my caring nature for someone. My projects are never super awesome but they are always made with love and whoever has a scarf I've made them knows it's because I love them and made that specific thing with them in mind. It's a good feeling when I see them wearing it because they know it's especially for them.

When I first started thinking about what passions I carried I was thinking there wouldn't be that many but I have a lot. I'm full of passion to the point where everything I do is for a reason. I never want to do something just because. That's no fun and I won't get that feeling of accomplishment or pride out of it. It's hard sometimes to follow what my passion draws me to because not everyone agrees with what I'm doing or where I'm going. But I blindly follow it. It's there for a reason, it knows more than I do and can see the bigger picture.Knowing my passion will take me where I never thought I'd want to be makes those little hurdles I have with school or fights in a relationship or family drama not such a big deal. It's a time to learn about that person and/or myself and how we can better work together or communicate and rebuild that bond or path to a better one. Just because the path I've chosen isn't what others would have picked for me or isn't the easiest doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be. If everything was easy you wouldn't appreciate it as much when you finally got it.

No comments: