This morning I started my one month challenge adding hot yoga to my schedule. My class was at 6 am and getting up this morning reminded me of when I would get up for boot camp and it being so cold all I prayed I would get the text saying it had been canceled. With it being summer and almost exactly one month out from my Napa to Sonoma half and not to mention my buddy Angela who I promised I would start I had a pretty easy time getting up this morning. When I got to the place of course I was early... a little too early. It's been awhile since I was really nervous about something and the way this yoga girl was talking she had me thinking I wasn't going to make it through the class without passing out or making a mad dash for the door to escape the insane heat. I was beginning to think I wore the wrong thing and second guess my hair-do. I also didn't bring a towel, I know, stupid. Who doesn't bring a towel to hot yoga...duh! It should have been a no brainer. But in my defense I never bring a towel to Koda and I'm always sweating like crazy there.
Anyway, to my surprise we both made it through the class without wanting to die. It was actually really good. I think I will really keep to my promise and go 3 times a week. I'm hoping all the extra stretch work and heat will loosen my shoulders. I was a little embarrassed that I was less bendy than the guys in the yoga class. I was just sitting there sweat just pouring down my face and arms watching everyone else do the binds and technical poses with ease. I'll get there one day.
I had to take this picture after class. The lighter pink part below my hand is the ONLY dry spot on my shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment