Thursday, June 7, 2012

Copycat

At Koda we started a summer challenge to kick start everyone into full circle healthy living. There's only so much physical improvement one can see if they go to Koda but continually indulge in guilty pleasures such as frozen yogurt, sandwiches and alcohol. A beer gut in a bikini is never pretty.
Here is my copycat salad and delicious bass I made for dinner one night. The broccoli is steamed with garlic.
I'm never really big on making salads at home. But every time I went to Melissa's and had dinner there was more than likely a salad on the menu. I thought to myself I could definitely get into making salads like this at home. So here was my first attempt.

The salad:
Red leaf lettuce
Romaine lettuce
Roma tomatoes
Red pepper
Cucumber
Celery
Dried cranberries
Pumpkin seeds

The dressing:
Balsamic vinegar
Macadamia oil
S&P (salt and pepper)


Below is my bass...Baked with olive oil and a veggie seasoning and S&P.


2 comments:

melissa said...

That looks delish! I've been indulging in salads, fish and veggies nightly. I love it! I find that because it's so hot in the summer, I only want light, cool things. I want to reach into my computer and eat that food right now!

Unknown said...

That salad has become a staple. I even had it for breakfast a few times. So good and easy!