Friday, January 4, 2013

clean nightmare

So in lieu of the New Year and what that all entails I'm going to list a few resolutions that I would like to conquer in 2013 and continue them forever.

  • Finish things I start
    This mainly pertains to gym stuff. Us girls are always wanting to start an ab this or clean eating that. Which I stick with for a couple of weeks but then just decide to not keep it going.
    This also goes for my running training that I will need to start working on.
    And finish the vitamins and supplements I'm always buying.
    And teas. I'm the worst at never finishing those dang boxes. 
  • Show the people I love how much they mean to me and how happy I am to have them in my life
  • Use my fancy blender more
  • Use my juicer more
  • Use my food dehydrator to good use for once
  • Read more. And maybe even actually read and not get the audio book version
I think I'll leave the list at that. There are the resolutions that I made last year that I will continue on to this year. 
  • Learn more about myself
  • Say yes to opportunities that will help me with getting to know to me
Said opportunities in the past were mainly gym related but they have ventured on to other aspects of my life and I have welcomed them with smile. 

With that all said you should see some difference in my postings. 

With a group at Koda starting their Whole30 challenge I decided I would jump in on that. I don't really like to post on FB or really do anything on there but I will be keeping a daily tally of my nutrition and my training on here. 

Yesterday
  • Cheese grits (I know, not paleo in the slightest)
  • Chicken salad and chipotle tomato soup and two cubes of cheese I sampled wondering the grocery store
  • Another chicken salad
I have story on this chicken salad I had at lunch. I got from whole foods. In the salad bar section they have what they call mock chicken. I love this chicken and I get it every time I get a salad. Well, since they stopped having tuna in the bar. My thoughts are thrown by the title. Is it chicken? I'm brought back to the show I loved to watch so much, Newlyweds with Jessica Simpson and her famous episode about the chicken of the sea. "I know it it's tuna but the can says it's chicken.." I feel just like that when I read this mock chicken. Tyler told me last night when I was telling him this story that I should just ask someone there but I feel silly asking that. The next time I go in I'll try to read the ingredient list and see if it is indeed chicken or fake chicken. 

At Koda we did this clean ladder. 12 min AMRAP of 20 cleans at a set weight. Here is what I did:
  • 20 reps # 63
  • 20 reps # 73
  • 20 reps # 83
  • 6 reps # 103

No comments: