At Koda the other day we did Nasty girls. It's a crossFit benchmark WOD.
3 rounds for time:
50 squats
7 muscle ups
10 hang power cleans
The sub for muscle ups was 14 pullups and 14 dips which I totally did not agree with. In who's world does 7 = 14??? Hang power cleans I did rx'd with #93.
My time: 15:22
I checked my book last time and my time was 11 something but I used #83 for HPC and we did just 7 pullups and 7 dips.
I also did my last session of our pullup cycle. I started the cycle doing 3 dead hang pullups before dropping from the bar grasping my hands together and complaining how much it hurts. This time I did 4! I tried squeezing out 5 but I could only get half way up there, donkey kicking and everything.
I like these cycles. We pick a movement and over the course of a certain number of weeks we try to build our strength on it. Then at the end we retest to see our progress.
Anyway, on to the other stuff. Since Biggest Loser started up again and given my obsession with Bob I dare not miss an episode. So Tyler and I well, really I decided we should make Monday nights our dinner with Bob and Biggest Loser night. Starting Sunday I start thinking about what we should make for dinner and go over it with Tyler to make sure it's something that he likes too. This week we made a vodka cream sauce with pasta. Lemme tell you....So good! Here's the link to the recipe. And yes I might've picked this solely based on the name.
You won't be single for long vodka cream sauce
For dinner Tuesday I bought chicken to go with it and I think it was even better. I just had the last of it for lunch as I sit here and type this out to you and I'm wishing I had more of that dang sauce. I will be making that one again.
No comments:
Post a Comment