Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Last meal of 2012

With all the craziness of New Years Eve. Where to eat, where to go out, what to wear, who to be with. The list could go on and on. This year I decided to do something different from what I've done before and stayed in and cooked our dinner. It turned out to be a pretty great idea. No fuss, no dressing up, and cheap drinks! Here are some shots of what was on the menu:

First up, barely buzzed cheese, which is super good and combines two of my favorite things into one, cheese and coffee. Next is goat cheese stuffed peppadew peppers with balsamic vinegar. I had these once at Macaroni Grill and had to figure out how to make these at home. Luckily our waiter was nice enough to help me out on what type of bread crumbs to use.


Second, tomato baked salmon with cheddar grits and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. It was supposed to be jalapeno cheddar grits but Tyler forgot to get them so we had to do without but they were still really good without the spice. I'd never cooked with prosciutto before and was a little nervous when we started cooking these that they weren't getting dark like they were in the picture I found online but they were really really really good. Dare I say maybe better than when I made bacon wrapped asparagus. The meat is so much thinner so it cooks faster allowing the asparagus to still have a bit of a crunch. 


Our third act, cheesecake. I had made this before for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it. So I decided to make it again but this time I cut the sugar in half. As you can see I made a full batch so after we had our two pieces we took the rest to the party at Koda for everyone else to enjoy. 



No comments: