Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 1

This first picture is what I got for the week. I had to go to three different stores and ended up forgetting to get a few things on the list so this isn't everything.
In the book Tim said to go to whole foods to get your spices. Well, the smoked paprika you have to buy by the pound...that's what the little baggy atop the peppers is. I got what I thought would be a good trial amount and it was 37 cents. It will probably be the only time I walk out that store not halfway regretting what I bought. The macadamia oil was a pretty large bottle for 15 bucks and I'm not sure if I should get it or not. I have a huge thing of olive oil that I might just use until I feel the need to try the macadamia oil. I searched forever for the white truffle sea salt but I never found it. I went to sunflower and found they had little spice bottles of smoked paprika for 3 bucks! They didn't have the special salt either, shoot!

Last night to prepare for day 1 I hard boiled 5 eggs and cooked the fajita strips with red onion and a green and orange pepper. I rinsed my beans and set them in the fridge to soak. All that cooking late at night made me hungry so I had one of my hard boiled eggs and tried the smoked paprika. It was pretty tasty!

The second shot is my breakfast. The avocados I bought are not ready so I will have to wait to add those in the mix. And I didn't think about getting a can of beans for my breakfast and lunch so today will be not a complete perfect day 1. Tim suggested using ghee when cooking your eggs which after spending 8 bucks on a tub of fancy butter it better be amazing...and it pretty much was. Normally the last few bites I have to force myself to eat but not this time. My eggs actually tasted like eggs if that makes any sense.


No comments: