Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mothman

After watching episodes 10-15 of the 5th season of The Wonder Years I decided it was time to go to bed. The closer I get to the last season the more sad I get that I'm almost out of episodes.  I always think I'll go back and watch my favorites but when I really think about it they all are my favorites. 
Anyway,  before going to bed I take Penny out for her last potty opportunity.  I open the door and turn to shut and lock it when this dark spot in the bricks catches my eye. I try not to yell out since its kinda late but I let out a "holy geez, that's a big moth!!" In a loud whisper. I took Penny to the grass and I pray that the moth is gone and blame my neighbor for always leaving their porch light on and how it's attracting all these bugs....eeewww! When we make it back to the door I keep my eyes on it the entire time (except when I was fumbling with getting the key in the lock). I open the door just enough to get in and slam it shut! After my mini freakout I decide I need to get a picture of this thing. No way was I going to put a reference object so you can understand its true size. You will just have to trust me on this one,  I promise it was almost 3 inches long....gross right?! Sorry if its a bit blurry but no way was I going to get a close up of him!

No comments: