Friday, May 4, 2012

Series of events

With my 2012 not starting on a great foot I decided I would make the best of it and enter in everything, try anything and document with pictures as best as possible.

So far with the year being halfway over I have:

Participated in an Olympic Weightlifting workshop
Participated in an Olympic Weightlifting meet and received an award....a participants award mind you, ha ha!
Completed the Original Mud Run in Dallas for the 2nd time
Participated in the Memorial Half Marathon in Okc for the 2nd time and was only 20 minutes behind my last years time. Pretty good for not training.
Started taking steps towards becoming a trainer at the gym.

For the second half of  the year:
McNellie's Pub Run in May. I just signed up for this....like 1 minute ago.
In two months my friends and I plan to fly out to Napa to run in the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon.
24 The Hard Way in October. I plan on signing up for the 6 hour run unless I can con some others into doing the 24 hour relay.

I haven't been on my bike but I'm thinking this might be the year I do a tri. Just a baby sprint to get my feet wet. If I can get a trainer, I may talk a buddy into doing one this year. Maybe a duathlon or something.

Since doing the half and talking with those that did a/the full it got me thinking, I should participate in a full marathon once in my life. While I'm on this roll of trying new things this year why not carry this on over to next year and try bigger things.  I might as well give this a shot just so I can say I've done it. I've been looking at the Rock n' Roll series and I think the Strip at Night marathon in Vegas would be tons of fun. Also, Pike Peak ascent...I've been thinking about doing this one since last year when I did the Memorial Half.

I'm not even halfway through the year and I'm already planning next years adventures.
The more I look into different races and talk to friends the more really fun runs I find and want to do. Too bad I wasn't this totally awesome runner that got paid to train and win.

Links below are potential runs and I threw some wish list runs in too.
Strip at Night
Pikes Peak
24 The Hard Way
Zombie run
The Color Run
Trirock
Tough Mudder

No comments: